Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Reminiscing

Just over a year ago I began the first Sarah Cameron book. Two events pushed me to finally put on paper the story I'd only told myself for so many years.

1. I went to see New Moon with a friend in December of 2009. We were talking before the movie about Stephenie Meyer and how she just started writing Twilight and look what had happened. We both said we had considered writing a book. That conversation motivated me to do more than say I wanted to write a book but to actually try. Now if only I could be as successful as Stephenie Meyer . . .

2. I'd read a few YA fiction books recently and the way they handled certain issues--such as dating, sex, etc--bothered me. From a worldly perspective, these books might have done a good job (though one still leaves me shaking my head), but I just felt that God's perspective on these issues was needed. I'm not saying there aren't already wonderful books by Christian authors dealing with these issues, but there needs to be more. So I started writing.

One year later, I'm still writing. Sarah Cameron is on an editor's desk getting reviewed and criticized so I can improve. I'm working on a new series. Publishing will hopefully come someday in the not so distant future, but either way, I'm having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment