Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Panic and Prayer

Over the last couple of weeks, I have faced many moments of panic. Okay, they’re not really moments so much as hours or days of tension and terror. What if I go through every resource on my list and no one wants this book? What if I can do something better, but no one ever tells me what that is? Should I invest in editing? Should I invest in a consultation? 
These questions and more race through my head for days at a time, often leaving me wanting to curl up in bed, with the sheets over my head, hiding from the world. Just give up, I think. Will this be worth all the effort if I fail to get this book published?
Then, I remember to pray. Lord, please guide me through this process. Give me faith in your plan, whatever that may be. Even if it is not success in the way I define it. And I feel a sense of calm and wonder why I didn’t pray sooner.
But, suddenly, I think, What if Satan’s just giving me a false peace? And panic sets in again.
*Sigh* Maybe I should take up knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment