Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Who is Sarah Cameron?

Sarah Cameron is the thirteen-year old girl who narrates the two books I've written.  I created her character when I was eleven.  My family had just moved to a little town outside Springfield, IL, so perhaps I created Sarah that summer to stave off boredom.  I spent hours riding my bike in circles around the cul-de-sac dreaming up the adventures and drama of Sarah, a rich girl who loved basketball more than designer clothes, and her best-friend-turned-boyfriend, Chris, the son of Sarah's parents' gardener and housekeeper.  They were my imaginary friends, keeping me entertained while we all grew up together--Sarah and Chris in their world, and me in mine.

Eighteen years later, I decided to commit those stories to paper, or rather the computer.  Sarah had finally grown up and matured enough to be ready for the world.  Or, maybe I was the one who matured.  Either way, I've decided to share her with the world.  My deepest wish is that everyone will have the opportunity to get to know her and love her, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment